Saturday, August 22, 2009

I'm a husband?

My wife is gone this weekend. I don't like it. I like that I don't like it. I've been married for four weeks as of this very moment to be exact. Though I'm sure it doesn't seem like much time to many many other married couples, I've been surprised at how much has changed since then. At first, I didn't think that I could adjust to sharing a bed with someone. This past night, I didn't feel as comfortable going to sleep, because I didn't have the most beautiful woman lying next to me. Maybe it's because we've started our new lives in this apartment together, so it doesn't really feel complete without her. Whatever it is, I'm glad it's there.

There has obviously been tension in figuring out how to basically merge two lives into one, but for the most part, I think I made a pretty awesome choice in getting married.

Though the amount of stuff I'm sure I'm supposed to learn from this whole experience has barely been scratched, and even that's an understatement, I really feel like a different person. For example, I'm pretty sure I'm cleaner than I was before. And I've actually obtained some amount of "handy" skills since we've moved in. And for some reason, since I've become a real life husband, I feel more relaxed. Maybe it's because the wedding's over, but I just feel a little more calm, which has really helped in this huge life change Kelly and I have just gone through. So really, this is all to say I like being a husband. Mainly because my wife rocks.

No comments: