Saturday, August 22, 2009

I'm a seminarian?

I had orientation at Duke this past week from Wednesday to Friday, and I now have a paper due on Tuesday on the difference between trusting God and believing in God and how that should play out in our lives as Christians.

As I'm sure most first year seminary students that have their undergraduate degree in finance would be, I'm feeling a mixture of extreme excitement and moderate nervousness...or the other way around depending on which hour you were to catch me.

In all honesty though, I really have no idea what to expect, and the first day or two of orientation I really was having trouble remembering why the heck I decided Duke Divinity School was what I wanted to do. But I'm beginning to remember the whole God part of this decision. Though every single faculty member and student I've talked to has described the difficulty to the M.Div program in great detail, we, as an incoming class, have also consistently been reminded that we are here because we are supposed to be here.

I think I can be confident in the amount of time the admissions staff spent in prayer and discernment when it came to accepting us into this program. And above that, I think I can be confident that God has allowed so many crazy things to work out in order for me to end up here.

So yes I am very nervous, but I like it here...though classes don't actually start until Monday :)

No comments: